Rapid prototyping, also known as 3D printing technology, allows you to quickly create prototypes and layouts of products of varying complexity. The variety of 3D printing techniques combined with 3D modeling provides great freedom in production. Moreover, this approach saves a lot of time and money.
Ordering rapid prototyping you get:
- high-quality objects, playback accuracy starts at 10 microns;
- possibility of both pieces and serial production.
Prototyping on a 3D printer
High efficiency and simplicity have made rapid prototyping a fairly popular method of making prototypes. Prototyping on a 3D printer has a number of advantages, including:
- Reducing the duration of production – 3D modeling and prototyping on a 3D printer at times accelerate the development process, reducing the manufacturing time of products from several weeks or months to days and even hours.
- Cost reduction – the uses of 3D printing are particularly profitable from a financial point of view, it allows you to identify possible inaccuracies and make changes to the model at the initial stages of production, thereby reducing manufacturing costs.
- The possibility of making functional models – prototyping is interesting in terms of functional evaluation of products, modern 3D printing technology allows you to produce almost any object.
Prototyping to order can help with:
- 3D printing;
- 3D design;
- post-processing and painting of finished products;
- 3D modeling;
- development of a 3D model based on a sample;
- manufacture of products by description;
- development of a 3D model based on photography;
- creation of products according to drawings;
- 3D scanning;
- restoration of damaged products;
- small-scale production.
Picture Credit: Unsplash